Navigating in a Report
Use the Crystal Reports toolbar to navigate through the pages in a report. Some reports
also provide a Group Tree for quick access to data grouped by site, and, within each site,
by department. Click a site name in the Group Tree to display the report data for that
site. You can also expand the Group Tree to drill down and display data grouped by
The following figure shows the tools for navigating in a report.
Figure 1. Tools for navigating in a report
Tools for navigating in a report:
- The Export this report button allows you to export the report
to a file using one of the following formats:
- Crystal Reports (RPT)
- Microsoft Excel (97-2003)
- Microsoft Excel (97-2003) Data Only
- Microsoft Excel (97-2003) Editable
- Rich Text Format (RTF)
- Separated Values (CSV)
For most formats, you can export an entire report or specify a range of pages; the
Crystal Reports (RPT) and Separated Values (CSV) formats only support exporting the
- The Print this report button allows you to print a report. It
does not output directly to a printer. Instead, it display a dialog box that allows
you to specify a page range to print. When you click OK, the
report is saved to a temporary Adobe Acrobat (PDF) file. You can then open the PDF
file to print it.
- The Show/Hide Group Tree button shows or hides a tree
control. You can use this control to display data for a particular site, and for
departments within that site.
- The controls in this group are: Go to First Page, the
Go to Page field, Go to Previous
Page, Go to Next Page, and Go to
Last Page. This group of controls is displayed at the top of every
You can use the Go to Page field to display a specified page.
Type the page number in the field, and then press Enter.
- Use the Zoom tool to display a report at different sizes,
ranging from 25% to 400%
- Use the Search for text field to search for specified text
(for example, a user name or group name) in a report. Type the text to search for,
and then press Enter or click the Search for
text icon .