Vocera Incoming VMI Adapter
Release Notes - Version 18.104.22.168
Updated: February 5, 2019
About Vocera Incoming VMI Adapter
The Vocera Incoming VMI Adapter implements the VMI protocol as a server with the intent of receiving inbound messages and
providing responses to the senders. This adapter provides the ability to receive messages and
send responses to both alpha-numeric and multiple choice response (MCR) messages. The adapter
depends on Vocera Platform
version 6.0.0 and later.
The adapter is configured to operate in one of two modes; database mode or direct forwarding
- When in database mode, the Vocera Incoming VMI Adapter receives and stores messages according to the message types configured, and Vocera Platform EMDAN
handles the delivery of the alerts.
- When in direct forwarding mode, the Vocera Incoming VMI Adapter receives messages and sends them directly to the Voice Server for delivery to Vocera
badges only. When using direct forwarding, delete message requests are supported.
This section summarizes the new features in this release.
What's New in Vocera Incoming VMI Adapter 1.1.0
The Vocera Incoming VMI Adapter 1.1.0 solution provides the following new features:
- Ability to send messages directly to the Vocera Voice Server when configured
for direct forwarding
- Ability for message deletion requests to be forwarded to the Vocera Voice Server when a messsage
- Ability for responses and status updates to be forwarded from the Vocera Voice Server to the third
- Ability to specify when to override a user's DND status, when messages are forwarded to
the Vocera Voice Server
This section provides information about fixes and improvements made to the Vocera Incoming VMI Adapter product.
What's Fixed in the Vocera Incoming VMI Adapter 1.1.0 Release
This release has no fixed issues for a previous release.
This release of the Vocera Incoming VMI Adapter has no known issues.