Vocera HL7 Adapter
Release Notes - Version 184.108.40.206
Updated: May 21, 2020
About the Vocera HL7 Adapter
The Vocera HL7 Adapter is
used to connect with an existing HL7 capable system. By creating multiple HL7 adapter
instances, an installation can allow for communication with different departments and system
types within a single facility.
A Vocera HL7 Adapter is used to communicate with any other system or database that is HL7 capable. It brings the
pertinent information, such as lab results, to the Vocera Platform and stores
those events in the Data Manager. This information is then potentially later sent to the
recipient database of that HL7 message based upon appliance configurations. The content of the
message varies depending on the HL7 configuration in the appliance, but an HL7 message may
include data such as patient information and history, lab results, and radiology reports.
This section summarizes the new features in this release.
What's New in Vocera HL7 Adapter
The Vocera HL7 Adapter
1.7.0 solution provides the following new features:
- Vocera is proud to announce the addition of time zone granularity. We now provide the
region and country and then the specific time zone within that region.
- Vocera has also enhanced the HL7 adapter in these ways:
- Users now have the ability to receive a NAK message when HL7 messages fail to process.
- We have added additional audit events related to incoming connections.
- An Outbound Connection is now required when an HL7 rule configuration is defined.
- The adapter can now support separate versions of HL7.
- The ACK now contains fields MSH.15 and MSH.16.
This section provides information about fixes and improvements made to the Vocera HL7 Adapter product.
What's Fixed in the Vocera HL7 Adapter 1.7.0
The following issues are fixed in Vocera HL7 Adapter
This release of the Vocera HL7 Adapter has no known issues.