Changes in Behavior
This topic summarizes the changed behavior between earlier versions of Vocera Voice Server and
lastest version of Vocera Voice Server.
Changes in behavior between releases which may require you to modify your configuration after
The following changes in behavior occurred between Vocera 4.3 and Vocera 4.4, and Vocera 5.3.2:
- Qos Manager Installs with Vocera Voice Server, Vocera SIP Telephony Gateway and Vocera Client Gateway –
The Vocera QoS Manager, which prioritizes voice packets over the network, is now
installed with the Vocera Voice Server, Vocera SIP Telephony Gateway, and Vocera Client Gateway.
- Recorded Genie prompts – Users may notice a change in the Genie's voice. All English
Genie prompts, both male and female, have been re-recorded using different
voice-over talents. Several new prompts have been added.
- Faster call announcements – Call announcements are much shorter, saving users
valuable time. It may take a few calls for users to adjust to the shorter call
announcement. The response to the prompt (Yes or No, using a voice response or
buttons) has not changed.
- Recorded name reminder – If users have not recorded their name, the Genie reminds
them to record one at the next login.
If you'd rather not remind users to record
their names, you can disable the system preference for this feature.
- Active Directory authentication – If Active Directory authentication is enabled in the
Administration Console, users must log into the
Administration Console, User Console, and Staff Assignment using their Active Directory
If you enable Active Directory authentication, make sure you notify
users of the change. Otherwise, they may try to log in using their Vocera user
ID and password.
- Change if “Announce Caller's Name After Tone” is NOT selected – There is a change in
behavior when the “Announce Caller's Name after Tone” default setting is NOT
selected. With Vocera 4.3, the recipient of a call heard only a chime to announce
the call. With Vocera 5.3.2, the recipient of a call now hears a chime plus “Accept
- Changes to the Badge Properties Editor – To simplify
the Badge Properties Editor user interface and make it easier to configure badges
for today's wireless networks, several badge properties have been removed. The
removed properties are still supported and their default values have not changed.
For details, see the Vocera Badge Configuration Guide.
- Vocera Report Server Diagnostic reports
removed – The Diagnostic reports, which were deprecated in Vocera Report Server 4.3 and replaced
by the Speech Reports, have been removed from the product. Make sure these reports
are not used in any of your scheduled report packages.
- Smaller Vocera Voice Server backup files – Due to
optimization of entity prompts, Vocera Voice Server backup files may be noticeably smaller after you upgrade to Version 5.3.2.
- Changes made to the signaling between badges and the server – Users will experience
a short outage (several minutes) while their badges connect to the upgraded 5.3.2
server for the first time and download new firmware. Due to changes made to the
signaling between badges and the server, the badges cannot download the new firmware
in the background. Plan for downtime accordingly. Subsequent badge firmware updates
that don't involve a signaling change should occur in the background.