Contact Types and Status
Vocera categorizes contacts as individual users, Voice Groups, and Distribution Lists.
For each user, a colored ring around the user's photo or
initials indicates the user's presence and availability:
- Green indicates that the user is available.
- Yellow indicates that the user is in Do Not Disturb mode for calls, messages, or both.
- Red indicates that the user is not available.
For all contacts, the site that the contact belongs to is enclosed in square brackets:
- If Vocera Secure Texting users are included in the list of contacts, the
site for each Vocera Secure Texting user is the organization to which
that user belongs.
- If you have not created any sites, all contacts other than Vocera Secure Texting users
have the site name [Global].
For each user, details on the user's current status are provided below the contact's name, site, and title. These
include the following:
- The contact's availability status, corresponding to the colored ring around the user's
photo or initials. This is one of Available, Do Not Disturb,
or Not Available. For Do Not Disturb, the current status indicates
whether calls, messages, or both or are not being let through.
- Messages Forwarding indicates that messages to this contact are being
forwarded to another contact.
- Off Campus indicates that the contact is available but is not on
the corporate network. An example of this is when the contact is logged into the
VMP Web Console.
Vocera Secure Texting users are listed as Available
and Off Campus.
Voice Groups and Distribution Lists are indicated with a multi-person
For each user in a Voice Group or a Distribution List, a photo of the user
and the availability status are displayed. If the user has no photo, the user's initials are displayed.