The VCS application includes the Call module,
which enables fast, simple, person-to-person voice connection over your company's
The Call module provides the voice capabilities of the Vocera badge within your smartphone. Using voice commands, you can instantly
connect to the people that you need to reach in an emergency or in any other crucial situation.
Using Call, you can:
- Place a call using the Genie, which is the voice interface to the
Vocera Voice Server. This is the interface that the
Vocera badge uses.
- Send a page, start an instant broadcast, or summon emergency help with a panic call.
- Communicate using your device's speaker, handset, headphones, or Bluetooth connection.
- Use your keypad to call an extension, local phone number, or long distance number.
- View your call log to keep track of who you have called and when.
To be able to use the Call module, your organization must have installed the
Vocera Voice Server on your network, and your
administrator must have provided you with a user ID for the
Vocera Voice Server.