When either active server goes down, the load balancer diverts the load to the other active server.
Here is a sample high availability environment that uses a single port:
In this example:
- The nurse call system sends traffic on port 3100.
- The load balancer is diverting the load to active server A.
- The administration portal is accessible from the load balancer's IP address.
- When active server A goes down, the load balancer diverts the load to active server B.
- When active server A comes up, the input to the nurse call connector is automatically distributed between the servers.
Note: If an alarm is escalated, either of the two active servers may process the request and respond to it.