Learning a Spell Called Name
Vocera Genie offers to learn the name of the most frequently called user if you spell
out the user's name with the Call command.
At the time of your next login, Genie plays a prompt offering to learn the name of
the user that you spell called.
You can choose to accept this offer by saying "Yes" or decline the offer by
saying "No". When you accept the offer, Genie asks you to say the user's name
three times after each tone sound. After this, the system saves the name of the user
in the database.
Learn a name offer is valid under the following conditions:
- If the call recipient's name is not in the system.
- If you spell out the recipient's name with the Call command
- Learn a name offer is limited to learn only one user's name at each
- If you declined the offer by saying "No" the first time Genie offer to
learn this user's name, Genie will play the prompt two more times after each
- If you declined the offer to learn a name for three consecutive times, the
prompt is no longer played
- If there are more than one usernames to learn, the username with maximum
number of call frequency takes precedence
- If there are two users with same number of call frequency, then Genie offers
to learn the name for the latest call record
For example, if you are calling a user named Emily Rose and you say the command,
"Call E M I L Y R O S E" (by spelling out the call recipient's name). The
system checks if this name exists in the database. If the name is not found, Genie
takes you through the, "Learn a name" command flow at your next login.
At your next login, you hear the prompt; "You called Emily Rose by spelling,
do you want to learn this name?"
to accept the offer.
Note: If you choose to decline the offer
for three consecutive times, the Genie will no longer offer to learn a
As soon as you accept the offer, Genie plays the prompt; "You may learn name
for user Emily Rose, say the name each time you hear the tone. "
Say the username after each tone sound.
At the end of the third tone, Genie says, "Okay, I got it" as a
confirmation to have learned the username.