Placing a Call On Hold
You can place a call on hold when you are in a call.
In this example, Hannah Smith and Josh McNab are in a call, and Hannah Smith places the
call on hold. This example also captures how you can add participants and view the
participant list to add them to the favorites list.
To place a call on hold, press the DND/Hold button while in a
In this state, Hannah Smith's Smartbadge
enunciates I am holding your call and displays the following screen.
of Josh McNab enunciates Please hold and displays the following screen.
In this state, the following buttons are displayed at the bottom of the screen.
- Add Participant —Allows the initiator of the call to add
Participant—Allows the initiator of the call to view participant details.
You can also favorite or remove the participant from the favorite list.
- Call Genie—Allows the initiator of the call to call the Genie. To call
the Genie, press the DND button, and then tap the
Call Genie icon.
To add participants while the call is on hold, perform the following steps:
- Press the Add icon.
The contact list slides into view
from the bottom of the screen.
- Rotate the screen if you do not have any favorite contacts and search for
- Select the contacts from the search list.
A call is
initiated to the selected contact.
The first call is put on hold,
and the second call is connected.
- Tap Merge.
Viewing Participants in a Call
To view the participants in a call, perform the following steps:
- Press the Participant icon.
The list of participants slides into
view from the bottom of the screen.
- Perform one of the following or both of the following:
- Favorite or unfavorite the contact—Allows you to add or remove the
contact to or from your favorites list.
- Message—Allows you to message the contact directly.
Calling Genie While on a Call
To call the Genie while on a call, perform the following steps:
- Tap the Call Genie icon.
The Genie Screen
- Press the Call button after you finish the
conversation with the recipient.
to the call on hold.