Charging Your Smartbadge
New batteries must be charged before use. If the Smartbadge has
already been used, check the battery level indicator on the Smartbadge
display to ensure the battery has sufficient power.
You can charge the battery using one of the following methods:
- 8-bay charger
- USB-C cable
- Vocera power adaptor
Using the 8-bay charger
To charge the battery using an 8-bay charger, perform the following steps:
- Slide the battery latch to release the battery.
The red section indicates
that it is open, and you can remove the battery.
- Press the top of the battery to loosen it, and then lift and remove.
- Insert the battery into the charger, and press the battery down, until you
see the amber indicator light turned on.
Using the USB-C cable
To charge the battery using a USB-C cable, perform the following steps:
- Connect your Smartbadge to a USB-C cable.
- Insert the USB-C cable to the USB port of a laptop or a personal computer.
Note: The charging rate is reduced when connected to a laptop or desktop
Using the Vocera power adaptor
To charge the battery using a Vocera power adaptor, perform the following steps:
- Connect your Smartbadge to the adaptor provided with your Smartbadge.
- Insert the adaptor into the wall socket.
Your Smartbadge starts charging and boots up immediately.