Voice Reminder Limitations and Interval Usage
The "Record a reminder" command is designed to create short-term or long-term
voice reminders from your badge. It is important to understand the limitations and proper usage
to record a voice reminder successfully.
Adhere to the following when creating a voice reminder:
- specify reminders intervals in minutes and hours
- specify a recipient's name, you can create a reminder for another user, multiple users
names, or a Vocera group
- specify the following for recurring reminders:
- set a duration for the reminder, the minimum duration to 5 minutes and the maximum
is up to 24 hours for short-term reminders
- set a frequency of daily or weekly for long-term reminders.
- set a start date and an end date for long-term recurring reminders
The table below shows the minimum and maximum frequency/duration you can set for recurring
Note: If you do not set a duration on a recurring reminder, it defaults to 24
hours. Reviewers: does this still apply?
Every x minutes, where x is
from 5 to 90 minutes
Every y hours, where y is
from 1 to 23
Every x minutes and y hours, where
x is from 1 to 59, and y is from 1 to 23
y hours, x minutes
from sd to ed, where weekday is a day of
y is from 1 to 23, and x is from 1 to 59,
sd is the start date and ed is the end date.
For non-recurring and recurring (short-term) reminders: 1 to 24 hours
For recurring reminders with a future end date: The long-term recurring reminders
lasts till the end date.
- "… every 30 minutes"
- “…every 5 minutes for the next 8 hours”
- “…every 8 hours for the next 24 hours”
- "...every Wednesday (specify any day of the week) starting September 12,
2018 (current or a future start date) at 2 pm till November 14, 2018 (a future
- "… every 100 minutes"
- “…every 2 minutes for the next 48 hours”
- “…every 100 minutes for the next 2 days”
- “…every 88 minutes for the next 2 weeks”
- "...past dates or times for recurring reminders with a start and end