Audio Mode and Call State
Audio mode helps you understand how you can receive and respond to calls. Calls state
helps you understand the state the badge is in and if it is in use or is in the idle
Types of audio modes:
- Speakerphone mode—Communication is heard and responded to through the speaker on
- Headset mode—Communication is heard and responded to through a headset plugged
into the headset jack. In headset mode, you can set call announcements to be heard through
- Privacy mode—The badge operates like a telephone handset where the speaker
becomes earpiece and microphones become the voice receiver. For more information on using
Privacy mode, refer to Privacy Mode On or
Types of call states:
- Idle (standby) state—The badge is not in use and ready to receive a call.
Optionally, you can turn on:
- Do Not Disturb—You can block calls temporarily through the badge by pressing
the Hold/DND button. For more information on using Do Not Disturb, refer to Using Do Not Disturb.
- On a call (active) state—The badge is in use with communications being actively
sent and received. Optionally, you can use:
- Touch-tone—Navigate IVR (Interactive Voice Response) trees when using the
badge to place calls to organizations that require human interaction with digital
responses. For more information on using Touch-tone state, refer to Using Navigating IVR Phone Trees with a Badge.